Wednesday 23 November 2011

Android 4.0 and the Galaxy Nexus: My in-depth reviews

With Ice Cream Sandwich and the Galaxy Nexus, Google's Android operating system has really grown up.Android 4.0, Galaxy Nexus Reviews
Ice Cream Sandwich, aka Android 4.0, introduces sweeping changes to the Android platform. This is a big deal, folks: We're talking a whole new graphical look, a whole new method of getting around, and more improvements and added features that I can count. And the Galaxy Nexus is built to run it all seamlessly and effortlessly.
I've spent the past several days using the Galaxy Nexus and ICS. I've carried the Nexus around as my primary phone; I've spent hours exploring the hardware and software to get a full understanding of how they perform and what they have to offer. Lab tests and 24-hour reviews certainly have their place, but I've always been more interested in seeing how something works in the real world -- the way a real person would use it.


Long story short: Ice Cream Sandwich transforms the Android experience, and the Galaxy Nexus is a brilliant vehicle for delivering it. The hardware and software have their flaws, of course, but the level of progress that's been made is mind-boggling. Even just after using the Nexus/ICS combination for these several days, looking at a Gingerbread device feels like visiting the past. And trust me: Once you go ICS, you won't want to go back.
But enough chit-chat -- let's get into it. My in-depth review of the phone starts here:
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Pure Google, pure delight
And my deep dive into ICS is below:
In-depth: Google's Ice Cream Sandwich -- a new era for Android
This isn't the end of our focus on Android 4.0, either; as I've said before, our journey is just beginning. Stay tuned for my evolving list of which devices will and won't be getting the Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade (it's coming soon, I promise) and plenty more ICS analysis.
JR Raphael writes about smartphones and other tasty technology. You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, or Google+.

No comments:

Post a Comment