Saturday 14 June 2014

Contest Alert: Brag Your Way To a Holiday

One of my continuous annoyances while traveling is trying to stay online. Some hotels still charge insane amounts for internet. Others make you sign in every time you pick up your phone. And more often than not, I somehow end up buying a SIM card that doesn’t even work indoors.
You know what would be easier? Just turning on your phone.
Well, now you can do that.
There is now an exciting solution from Three UK, the phone company I’ve been using since I moved to London in 2012. Three is introducing a new initiative called Feel at Home — in short, you can use your Three minutes AND data plan in several different countries at no extra charge.
Got unlimited data at home? You’ve got unlimited data on the road. This is a big deal.
There are currently 11 countries where you can use your data and minutes at no extra charge: Australia, Austria, Denmark, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Macau, Sri Lanka, Sweden, and the USA.
Starting on July 1, you can add Finland, France, Israel, Norway, and Switzerland to the list.
Finland, you say? I just so happen to be heading there in July for Must Love Festivals. I’ll be trying it out there for sure.
San Blas Bay Beach
Finding a hidden beach in Gozo? Definitely a holiday braggie.

Brag Your Way to a Holiday

Three UK is giving away three lucky holiday braggers trips worth £5,000 each! Each trip will be to one of the 16 Feel at Home destinations. This challenge runs from June 9 through June 27 and is all about showing off what you see when you travel.
Think what you could do with £5,000 in these locations. You could live it up in Vegas or on the French Riviera. You could go to Australia or Hawaii. Or enjoy a trip to Switzerland or Norway for less than the cost of your firstborn!
To enter the challenge, you can post pictures along with the weekly holiday braggie theme.
Here are the themes:
Week 1: Selfies
Week 2: Landscapes, cityscapes, rooms with a view
Week 3: Freestyle
Dubai Toes
Tweeting my toes from the pool in Dubai on my 29th birthday was definitely a holiday braggie. Nobody needs to know that it was 115 degrees and the sweat was pouring off me, even in the pool…

How to Enter

There are three ways to enter the contest:
2) Tweet a picture with both @ThreeUK and the hashtag #HolidayBraggie.
3) Instagram a picture with both @ThreeUK and the hashtag #HolidayBraggie.
That’s it!
The first week’s theme is selfies, and I DARE you to beat this one of me on stage with Vanilla Ice back in 2007!
I’ll be judging the contest entries with several of my fellow bloggers and I will be sharing my favorite submitted photos with you. Really looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment